Always check for ticks after spending time outdoors. If you have been bitten, make sure you remove the tick as soon as possible to minimize the possibility of infection. Remove the entire tick and disinfect the site of the bite with alcohol. The tick can easily be removed using the Care Plus™ Tick Remover.
Do not apply alcohol or other antiseptics to the tick. Do not heat the tick with a cigarette or other hot object. If the tick is stunned or heated (with a cigarette), it will go into shock and respond by releasing pathogens into the body through its saliva. Write down the date of the tick bite, the site of the bite on your body, and the geographic location where you think you were bitten.